The death of plastics

Why plastic is a big problem ….

In today’s post, I want to explore how plastic creates harm to our environment and even to our health.

This can possibly impact your health in many ways you didn’t know. One example is plastic can go through your blood stream. This may lead to cancers, birth defects, impaired immunity, endocrine disruption and other ailments.  As you raise that plastic bottle to your mouth and drink that nice cold, refreshing water what you don’t see is nasty microplastics hiding away from your view ready to contaminate and destroy your body.

Plastic has become a big problem to the environment, Recently Indonesia and China have refused to take contaminated recyclable materials from countries including Australia. This may lead us to fill up land fill with plastic. As Australians we should cut the use of plastics   here are my options on what we should do to cut the use of plastics

• Cut the use of plastic straws
  • Use reusable produced bags
  • Bring your own reusable bottle

If you want to know more CLICK HERE..

19 thoughts on “The death of plastics

1. Nice post. Plastic pollution is one of the greatest problems we faced today. its almost a s bad as climate change. every body need ti think before buying water in plastic bottles.

2. Nice post. Plastic pollution is one of the greatest problems we faced today. its almost a s bad as climate change. every body need ti think before buying water in plastic bottles. 🙁

3. Dear Adam

I thought that your blog was really good I have been thinking maybe to cut the use of plastics we could use foam bottles instead of plastic what do you think?

Your Friend Crista

4. Thank you! I also believe we should use less plastic to help save our earth. I love how you provided reasons of why we should use less plastic too.

5. Hi MZ Blogss,
    A great post on death of plastics. I am Thomas, a teacher in kenya and commenter in STUBC. In Kenya plastic bags have been banned and today Kenya is clean . However, plastics bottles are still in use and a major worry. Probably, the suggestions above will reduce its use in schools. My school participates in ‘ No More Plastic’ project. Do you also?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Oriya.

6. Plastic pollution is one of the greatest problems we faced today. its almost as bad as climate change. every body need to think before buying water in plastic bottles. Plastic hurt the environment that is why I recycle.

7. Dear Adam,
    I’m glad someone decided to write about the danger of plastics and how it affects us more negatively than positively. What inspired you to draw awareness to this? Is it because climate change is wreaking havoc on our planet? How is Australia trying to become more eco-friendly? Where I live, most of our recycled trash goes to countries like China and only about 10% of the trash actually gets recycled.

Be sure to check out my blog!
    Lily
    https://blogs.lcps.org/thepoliticaljunkie/

8. Great post! It’s very informational. I now know a lot more about the harm of plastics and how to avoid plastic. It’s great that you are making posts about our earth and how we need to improve our lifestyles. How are you changing your lifestyle to help our earth?